Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Fly on the Wall

Sometimes I would just prefer to be just that, a fly on the wall.  I'm becoming more introverted and socially awkward with every passing year.  I realize more and more, I like the people I know and love and want to spend time with one on one or in a small group.  But this big group social thing, just doesn't work for me.

We were to a "fancy" lake front home today with expansive glass windows, and modern cork flooring, a kitchen island bigger than my kitchen; the daughter's bedroom, I'm told, is as big as our upstairs with a full view of the lake, a glass shower, jetted tub and walk in closet.  I'm not intimated by people who have money, and I don't moon after it,  I just don't feel like I have a lot in common with many of them and their conversations, their concerns, or their lifestyles.  I like my little house on the east side of town, our cozy easy to find family, because they are likely right in the same room, not the other wing.  But I do love those people that can fit in with anyone, communicate with any type of person, bring joy and blessing to people anywhere and fit right into any conversation.  I have a friend like that.  I guess I'm becoming "West coast white trash"  Hee hee.  That makes me howl!

I like listening in to other peoples' conversations and sometimes think to myself, I have nothing really to add to this.  So I'll just sit here like a dork and keep listening.  It seems like to pop in with, "you know I just really love Jesus, He makes me happy, what makes you happy?", would make a pin drop.  Maybe I should try it sometime.

No comments: