what a crummy day... it rained and poured, which was actually kind of cool and prevented us from having to go out and DO anything, although it was supposed to be a beach day. I would not have gone to the beach today if it were 35 degrees, because I've been chained near a bathroom with some GI illness. Anyways, a good time to look up to the glory of the continually changing clouds today from my spot on the couch and be thankful to the ONE who made them.
So I'm thankful for..
166. kids who pretty quickly got over not going to the beach and found their own fun
167. imaginations... like building a new tetherball yesterday, of things in the garage, that works awesome. I'm still undefeated! I was the tetherball champ back in grade 6.
168. my hubby who has been slaving for the past several weeks on projects and who took everything out of the garage yesterday to start building new shelves. Keeping the body busy helps with the anxiety of the mind.
169. he's hired but we still are waiting... I don't even know where to begin with the frustration of that all. But I will be thankful that God is providing everything we need and knows what's going on when we don't have a clue.
170. being able to control small things, when the big ones are so out of our control. It's just nice to be able to make a decision that can affect something immediately, like what to make for dinner
172. reading the writing of some gifted minds
173. realizing that I'm really not so cranky, it was just hormones
174. the birds who came and cleaned up cherry mash from my lawn
175. evening sunshine
176. sweet peas that finally had a few blooms
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
We're super proud of Erin. We got the call to come to Awards night the other night. They never tell what you're receiving, so it's a bit of surprise. We were triply surprised! Good job my girl, God has given you some amazing gifts!
The "funny" thing is that the teacher who shook her hand said she scored higher on that math contest than most of the teachers.
at 11:31 AM