Thursday, December 20, 2012

Laying Around

I've neglected the blog for quite awhile, but now I have some time since I'm leg up for awhile. Yesterday was the big day.  By extreme "coincidence" my sweet friend Janet was having the SAME surgery, SAME leg, SAME surgeon, SAME day.  I was first, she was second in the OR.  So we waved as we passed by being wheeled around, and got to have a little visiting post-op.  The husbands could compare notes in the waiting room and maybe we can drive to some physio appointments together :)  I got to go home first, so didn't get a photo side by side in our gowns, like Erin wanted, but this was close enough.


So it's ice for a few days and trying not to eat too much Christmas baking, which won't be too hard since I didn't get much done.  My Mom came on Monday to look after me and everyone, we got some shopping done  the day before and she got up in the night with me to change my ice packs last night and is keeping my tea and drugs by the bedside.  That's what Moms do even when their kids are all grown up :)  I also have the BEST husband in the world!

3 comments:

daisydiesel said...

Moms are definitely the best! Your mom was always my second mom :) Hope your recovery goes well.

bigcanadiangirl said...

Hope things are going smoothly Lin. Keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

Top notch atheletes have skied extensive trail networks with scenic views at [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceoutletstores.net/#968]north face clearance[/URL] resorts such as Gold Star, Mount Washington, Callaghan Vly (near Whistler), Panorama and Throwing Horse.The right garments could make or break your nordic skiing getaway. Below is a quick [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceoutletstores.net/#700]north face sale clearance[/URL] for you to cross country skiing attire.