Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random Thoughts to Unwind

Been a little busy lately. 3 of the past 4 days I haven't even been home between 8 and 11:30pm! Very unusual for a homebody like myself:
- meeting the mayor with Jacob's class and sitting in on a real court trial, all the boys thought he got off easy for taking his girlfriend's car, driving impaired and crashing the vehicle. Very interesting thing for kids to see.
- watching Erin play volleyball ALL day Sat. and I mean ALL day! We were home at 11 pm from Kamloops. The girls came 4th!
- took my girl to get braces on, very traumatic! OK not traumatic, painful!
- my mom visited for 5 days and we hardly had any shopping time, but she did have a root canal! We did sneak in a wine tour and lunch, actually our first one official tour ever since living here
- missed Jacob's first soccer game of the season :(
- oh ya-- work
- helping a friend move, so excited for her and her family!

Now I'm up for some good down time. My garden is crying out my name! The flowers have opened up and it's turned spring in what feels like overnight. One day the kids are wearing jeans and hoodies, the next they are pulling shorts out of their drawers! It's amazing how a little sunshine can totally change your mood. My cherry tree is in full bloom, and it's glorious, and the bees are buzzing!

1 comment:

bigcanadiangirl said...

Yay spring! Put up a cherry tree photo. Maybe I should come out and do a shoot.