Saturday, June 18, 2011

17

I turned around and 17 years have gone by, but not just gone, been lived and loved.  Some days I don't think much has happened, we've lived in the same place, with the same jobs, and the same furniture and the same smiles and clothes for so long, and yet the memories stack up.  I love lists, but the best list I've ever seen is the one I got from him on my 40th birthday, 40 sweet memories we've made together, and that's just a few.  I made him and my God a promise and I intend to keep it.  To love forever, til death do us part, but I do think I'll love even longer than that.  He makes it so easy to do that... with his easy going ways, and his sweet wit, his ability to let me make most of the small decisions and yet still be in the leader.  His still young looking smile and dare I say, cute butt, no staring!  Life can be pretty boring some times, challenging and not always going where you thought it would, but there's no one else I'd rather be with.  It's a fight to stay in love when the rest of the world seems to be falling out of love, or looking for a quick answer, but makes it all the more appealing to know we've found the real thing. 

Out to dinner last night...

Happy Anniversary to US! 
(It was also time to brighten up my page, it was getting a little grey and melancholy, 
sort of like the weather)

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Happy anniversary ... I meant to send you an email all day yesterday and just forgot to ever actually do it! You guys are such a great example to your kids and to those who know you ... I'm so glad you're still in love after all these years!

bigcanadiangirl said...

Congrats Drews. You look so cute in your picture.