Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cherries...cherries... more cherries

I love cherries!! And finally I have some photos for you to go with the themed background! I just have a hard time describing the sheer volume of fruit we get off this one tree. I think of my fruit loving, garden loving friends! Kari where are you?? Oh right, you just had baby #3!

The photos just don't do it justice! We picked for about 2 hours this morning, and by we I mean me, Kevin and the kids for about 10 minutes. Erin is the official sorter/pitter, so her jobs come later on. It's really hard to get good red on camera, and these just don't look the right shade at all. Anyways, this is about 1/5 of the tree, or probably less. Probably about 50-60 pounds so far. We shall have a busy weekend making pies and freezing and pitting. Send your recipes my way :)



I keep telling myself, "Oh this will be the last one I should probably eat today", but when they're only fresh and in multitudes of supply like this for about 2 weeks, what's a girl to do? Pretty sure I've had my daily caloric intake today in cherries already! But oh the health!! Bring your pails on over!! I'd love to see you and have a nice long chat in the tree :) It's cool and shady up there, also a little sticky but not so bad this year, the birds have hardly been about biting into them, pooping on them, and spraying the juice around (imagine that party).

2 comments:

bigcanadiangirl said...

OK, I'll be over this afternoon (I wish)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's insane. I wish I lived closer ... I'd be over to pick a pile of cherries. They look amazing. Can't wait to see all the stuff you make.