Monday, May 9, 2011

I have 2 teenagers!!!

And the whirl wind continues as several things wind up around here, and boy are we ready!  We were away last weekend for Jacob's volleyball provinicials to the lovely town of Aldergrove, BC (read... another trip to Vancouver), no snow this time.  I had the lovely company of the other coaches wife, and have made I'm sure a new friend.  We have so many common friends and connections it's uncanny, and the guys get along fantastic.  We had the lovely company of my Mom on the way home, she flew into Abbotsford to watch and come back home with us.  What a totally fun team and group of boys and parents!  We came in 2nd last, but had fun doing it!


We were away again this weekend to Abbotsford (read.. the Coquihalla is becoming like a friend to us) for U16 girls provincials.  Erin was feeling totally sick this weekend, so rode the bench a fair bit. They ended up 7th in the province, which is nothing to sneeze at, although that's what Kevin has been doing all night.  A road trip first happened on the way home, they both fell asleep!!


And in other, MOST BIG and EXCITING news!  I have another teenager!!!!  Both my kids are now in the teens, leaving behind the days of children in the house! I'm still a little happy to be tripping over Lego when I think about this. It really is such a weird feeling that I haven't fully processed yet!  We had some small celebrations over the weekend, and when Gramma was here, but the real party will happen this coming weekend.  Jacob you're the BEST boy,  I love you to pieces, I know I sometimes even squash you to pieces, but you're so loveable!  He's pretty excited about opening "shoes" while driving!  I can't wait to get to party planning and really celebrate!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I can't believe he's a teenager either ... and that you have two! I'm only a few months away from having two as well. Can't wait to hear about the celebration!

bigcanadiangirl said...

Happy Birthday Jacob. Toots is going to be 13 on Sunday.