Monday, May 30, 2011

Three Sisters (spoiler warning)

I have 2 very sweet, long time girlfriends.. well actually I have a few more that are also very sweet.. but these 2 girls and I have been friends for 22 years.  We met in our first year of university and endured health assessment labs, poking each other with needles, poop, and all the joys of nursing school together.  About 2 years ago, we started a book, sort of like the "Traveling Pants", but much more meaningful and we definitely don't have to all fit the same size, unless by some sort of magic (I only wish I could fit Tara's size 6).  We write a few pages and send it off the next person.  It is so amazing to get the book and read back, share a little more of our lives together, prayers and be able to hold the memories together.  I've had our book this time for much too long, but finally got it sent off to Calgary during our last trip.  I sent some garden joy....


My thoughtful husband bought me this gift once.A gift he knew I'd like, a flower press. 

 

You put the flowers in, microwave for 45 seconds and voila, pressed flowers.  No heavy textbooks needed. I love it, though it doesn't get used very often.  Figured all the spring flowers needed to be remembered too.  Got my crafty fix for the month!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I was just wondering who had our journal ... I had it SO long last time. Love your dried flowers. I have a press like that too ... I should dig it out for my girls to use this summer.

bigcanadiangirl said...

Nice touch!! I'm waiting for some sweet sixteen photos???