My mind is sort of trail of random thoughts this week. I think because I have made it my task to finish some of those tedious, never get done jobs on my TO DO list that keep getting carried over to the next list. Like organizing photos on the J: drive.
So some randomness:
- grade 8 boys totally fit this train of thought, we had 11 of them here last night to overflow the hot tub and really christen it. The flow of ideas is from one thing to the next when you listen in on their conversation, and isn't that totally the reason to have them over? One of the funniest comments being, "Who's she?" "How old is she?" (in reference to Erin), "She's way too old for you buddy!" Jacob's sister is cute.
- dogs in sweaters bring a lot of interesting conversations
- writing final exams and baking go hand in hand, good stress relief
- Say a prayer for Tracy and Steve today, he was moved to hospice 2 days ago and has Ca of the CSF, they don't know Jesus, but her sister DOES! They have an almost 4 year old.
- A couple of really cool websites I've come across this week I just had to share with you: Riveting talks by remarkable people. Maybe you've seen this before but where have I been? The few I listened to were remarkable including one on sex slavery in India. Oh my heart breaks. This woman is amazing and has started her own NGO Prajwala India. These kind of people inspire me and I hope to one day do something inspiring like them. Another interesting link First World Problems I can't quite wrap my brain around. Yes it's so satirical, so cutting into the fiber of our complainings, but yet there are no offerings of change. Here's a few gooders from their daily posts, you don't know whether to laugh or groan :
With so many people in America suffering from sleep deprivation, you’d thing TV would be better at 3:30 in the morning?
I feel inadequate for not being able to perceive all 11 dimensions
I have caviar stuck in my braces
I can't fit all of the gift cards I received at Christmas into my wallet
I went to get cash at the drive-through ATM, and the armored car was reloading it, I had to sit in my car for like 10 minutes. It was a nightmare.
And my very own: I don't know what's happening with the fonts, they don't look like this on the edit, but publish different every time, like 5 times.
May all your weekend wanderings be lovely and warm