Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lady Kenmore

Well the "Lady" is going.  She's had sparks come out her burners and blown fuses.  The wiring is looking a little brittle and when I called to find out about replacement parts, the girl on the other line said, "oh... your stove is from 1978, maybe you should replace the whole thing".  How sweet is she?  Just the confirmation I needed.  So that has thrown us into a bunch of shopping for a new one. There are surprisingly too many choices when you actually have to make one.  Yay for the BBQ this week!  But we can still bake and I'm trying these tonight.

I'm going with CONVECTION, I hear it's amazing!  And self clean, oh thank you Lord! I voted against the glass top because of all the canning I do, and I went with... white.  I love the look of the stainless steel and black, but I don't want to have to worry about finger prints! And I hear that white is coming back in, and the newest ones they're making are white with stainless steel accents.  So maybe I'll be with the times for once, because I'm so about that.


Makes me think of what other things I'm holding on to that I don't really need anymore.  And not just stuff, although there's some of that too,  but old habits or negative emotions, or things that drag me down and spark without warning.  My girls finished our last study before summer, and we've been talking about listening to the "God whispers" in your life.  I'm hoping to be more aware of listening and taking time to listen and be quiet.

1 comment:

bigcanadiangirl said...

I like the white with stainless steel.