Friday, November 27, 2009

Stuff

I just don't know what happened to the week. I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, and I'm usually nearly done by now!! This is a bad thing for a super planner type person like me. There are things on the TO DO list that haven't even been looked at - that really need to be. But I'll breathe a few deeps breaths... it'll all happen at some point. I refuse to become stressed by the expectations of the Christmas season. Yesterday was report card day, so we had dinner out, which is our tradition, and made for a great end to the crazy week. Well not quite the end, we were out to a fundraiser for this amazing family that are moving to Uganda. I am feeling the need to hide in their suitcases. Oh my love for that place rose up within me again. I NEED to go there again! Somehow that place captures you... Africa... just the name sounds magical.

I came across this quote on someone's blog, and shall make it my December mantra: Join me.

"To awaken each morning with a smile brightening my face; to greet the day with reverence for the opportunities it contains; to approach my work with a clean mind; to hold ever before me, even in the doing of little things, the Ultimate Purpose toward which I am working; to meet men and women with laughter on my lips and love in my heart; to be gentle, kind, and courteous through all the hours; to approach the night with weariness that ever woos sleep and the joy that comes from work well done - this is how I desire to waste wisely my days."
THOMAS DEKKER