Monday, December 7, 2009

The Tree

Friday we headed out to get the Christmas tree. I think I've felt rushed this year, and just wanted to get it done. But off we went. We hit snow, and ice on the way up the forestry road, so couldn't get very far up hill so we walked up trying find something among all these tall skinnies. There wasn't a speck of snow when we left home.

After tromping through the woods for an hour, we came across a beauty, half way down quite a steep embankment. I stayed where I was and the rest scrambled down and precariously chopped this baby down.


Funny how it looks so much prettier covered in snow than in my living room! It was a bit Charlie Brownish and I felt the urge to go to the tree lot and buy one. I figured that was just my pride getting the better of me, and we did a little "grafting" and it looks loved and well decorated now.


This little one also came home with us (the tree and the girl).It was pretty socked in by the time we headed down, so we headed for home and did our traditional wiener/s'more roast in the back yard.

1 comment:

bigcanadiangirl said...

Fun, now let's see a photo of the tree in the house.