Tuesday, October 5, 2010

When making it your ambition to lead a quiet life, working with your hands, the fingers come to easily bend, fold together, bow, in a posture of thanks.

So this is how a life catches light.


The sun is shining, the grass is newly mowed, the kids and man are happy and healthy, what an easy day to be thankful!

177. My girl said to me, "Mommy, do you know what I love about high school?" " I HAVE FRIENDS!!" I just about started to bawl after the trial of middle school. You don't know how joyful that makes me feel! They walk to school in the mornings, in spite of me driving Jacob, because it's so fun to talk and walk (I'm familiar with the talking and walking, it'll carry you forever with your girlfriends)
178. My Tuesday group of women who inspire, make me giggle, and share the journey. We're starting a study on the book of Esther. I look forward to it: a book that does not mention God at all, and where He seems absent, and yet He really is behind the scenes in the whole thing. Sounds sort of like a season we're just ending, so can't wait to see how it all comes together. The morning just seems like this to me with our latte making hostess!

179. peach cobbler
180. the burning bush
181. Summer weather in October
182. my new wheels, even though it feels all wrong to have a new (to me) car right now, it's just how it happened. Thanks MOM!!!
183. Tomatoes, tomatoes everywhere
184. Apples bursting off my little tree
185. Athletic kids. I love going and watching their sports games, sitting with the other parents and cheering
186. the neighbor man who puts out seed every day for the quail
187. Kevin working!
188. Kevin working!
189. Kevin working!
190. God's unending faithfulness and pursuit of a big screw up like me
191. New vision for a weary congregation
192. Love this song




holy experience

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Such great things to be thankful for. I'm so happy that Erin's doing so well ... I know what a blessing that is to your Mommy heart. And can't wait to hear about the new wheels!

bigcanadiangirl said...

Good post. What are your new wheels?