Friday, October 1, 2010

Chopping Red Peppers

It is so cute to hear Jacob talk about school now. He's getting so grown up and my Mommy heart can't handle it, but I'm trying to stop and breathe. Today in foods class he is making breakfast burritos with his group. He gets to be at the chopping station, red peppers and mushrooms. He turns up his nose at having to eat them though, but I can just picture the goings on. He's off to volleyball practice early this morning and heading to a youth retreat this weekend after his new paper route that he doesn't need me for either; my moments are becoming fewer. I want to have him little again, to start over and make each moment count. I know we did that together, we made lots of memories, and took the time to be home, but it all went so fast. But isn't that the way it is supposed to be, to teach them strength and independence, how to stand on their own, how to live well in their own circle. I just want to always be in that circle!!

2 comments:

bigcanadiangirl said...

My "auntie" heart strings tug a bit when I read that too. Did KD take that photo? Nice.

Linda said...

Yep, it's Kevin photo. SOOC with a polarizer filter only.