Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Alberta Trip

Erin and Jacob flew to Calgary and spent 9 days with all of the grandparents.  Erin took lots of photos, and I was happy because I could see what they had been up to.
A trip to the Calgary Zoo with cousins. 

 A ride on the Stettler steam train with both of the Grammas and their cousin.
 The train was robbed.

  I love this photo (below) of the girls together.  All the rest of the cousins are boys!

Riding the train

Our Moms ( looking shorter all the time) with Jacob and Morgan

I love this crazy pic of these 2!!

My gorgeous niece!
 They made a trip to a Creation museum.  I love that Erin took photos of every exhibit so she could read and study it all later. She just finished her Bio 12 "theory" of evolution unit.  She is a science nerd and I love it!

fish fossils


genealogy of King Henry VIII back to Adam

Erin and Papa in a corn maze somewhere in Central Alberta
They are home, made some great memories,  and life is back to normal for us :)  Kevin and I enjoyed some nice dinners out with and without friends, a few bike rides together, got some stuff done around this place, and realized we still enjoy each others' company.  All very good things.

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so great you had that time with Kevin ... I can't even imagine having an empty house. And looks like the kids had a great time. Love that photo of Jacob and Morgan!

bigcanadiangirl said...

I've always thought the Stettler train would be so fun.