Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Officially...

I'm working for UBC!!  I interviewed in the summer for a job I applied for on a whim, that I didn't really know much about or want for that matter ~ especially after I found out more about it.  I had hoped to just get an interview, so they could know who I was if something else opened up.  I hadn't heard anything back from them and didn't really expect to.  I got an out of the blue phone call last night offering me a job as a clinical instructor, which is really what I've thought about doing and think I would like to try at some point, so why not right?.

So I thought about it over night, and accepted this morning!!  It's part time, which is awesome, and I'm hoping it's not more than I can handle.  I have orientation tomorrow!  YIKES!  Pray I get awesome students.

It's scary thinking about all that lies ahead, so I have to just take one day at a time... "sweet Jesus".  I guess when something like this falls in your lap after saying, "Id take a job if it were like this..."  and then it is, what more can I wonder about?  I guess we're up for a new adventure, which is sort of what my restless mind has been looking for.  No turning back now.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's awesome, Linda!! What a great gig ... I've always thought it would be neat to be an instructor! Congratulations!

bigcanadiangirl said...

Congratulations! And part-time too, that's what you wanted right? I'll say a prayer for you tomorrow.

daisydiesel said...

Congrats on the new job! All the best to you with your new adventure!