Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Love Christmas









Kevin took some very lovely photos of Christmas around our house and some out around town too. I posted the same ones on my facebook account too. Did I tell you how much I love Christmas?!! I love Christmas!! I think my favorite thing is the lights. I love to sit by the tree at night with a good hot chocolate and enjoy the glow of the tree lights and read a good book. I need a good book- read any lately? Let me know some good titles. Right now all I am pre-reading is the book I'm giving my daughter for Christmas (making sure it's not too old for her) It's Beverly Lewis so how can you go wrong? Quite enjoying it myself. Very light fiction is good for the soul every now and then!!
I was thinking though today how hard Christmas is for a lot of people and I wish that everyone could feel the same way about it that I do. That it really could be only about the gift of grace that we received in the smallness of an infant. What trust the Father must have had to send His Son to be completely helpless and at the mercy of a young mother. But then isn't the heart of a young mother the most trusting place for any child?

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great post ... I love the last line! Have you read the Mitford series by Jan Karon? I adore those books. Or I'm reading Home to Holly Springs right now by Jan Karon ... it's great too although you should read Mitford first.

Sandra said...

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime," "The Glass Castle," and "A Complicated Kindness" are all great books. Oh! And "The Memory Keepers Daughter."

'Love reading your insightful and merry, merry Christmas thoughts.

I have one more post to catch up on and then I'm ready for you to write more new stuff. :)