Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Scattered Mind

Life has been moving at a pretty decent pace here. I would like it to slow down a little. Jacob is counting 12 more days til school is out. Erin has fewer, but we don't remind him of that. Are we done? Oh yes, the brains are slowing melting and losing focus. I worked 3 night shifts this week and it kind of messed with my mind. They weren't all in a row either, so it sort of is like they took up 5 days of the week just to do them and then recover. Yet God is faithful and looking after us. I got called and pre-booked for enough shifts until the end of July, so we don't have to wonder and worry, and we can also know ahead of time what our schedule is going to be. And NO nights! It doesn't matter now if I work weekends because it's not like I'll miss seeing Kevin. So we have some weekdays stretches off that are better for short little camping trips or whatever. That I really like, I am such a planner and like to know what my week is looking like on Monday. Kevin remains at home picking up so much of the slack around here and chipping away at the long TO DO list that seems to never quite get finished year after year. I guess that's what happens when you live in one house - coming up on 10 years! Maybe it's time to move so it forces that garage clean out that might be on today's agenda after we walk and both have our computer time- except he's doing banking not blogging.

Here's a cute pic. of the boys at the track meet.

The birthday girl "riding" her saddle stand that Daddy made her.


14!!!! When did that happen??
Erin had 2 girls over for a pool party on Sunday and it rained, seems reminiscent of last year when it was also too cool to pool and the girls ran down the street in pouring rain... hmmm... So we changed plans last minute and went out to the new wave pool in town. Both the other girls had been already, but none of our family had and it was a good time. It was a good day to celebrate Erin.


2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love the saddle stand Kevin made. Erin is SO tall! She's gorgeous.

bigcanadiangirl said...

Ditto for me