Monday, August 24, 2009

Petal to the Metal

Well, I didn't die after 2- 90 minute soccer games on Saturday. I am a little stiff still though. We were eliminated after the semi-final because we lost 1-0. Only 1 measly goal! My nursing skills were put to good use in the last 5 minutes of the match as opposing team players both went up for a header on the ball. Ohh.... the crunching noise. It was not pretty, neither was my poor team mate who got it right in the eye socket. Fractured zygomas are a frequent surgery on our ward, so off she went for x-rays- thankfully it wasn't broken, but it sure ain't looking good for her weekend away with hubby :) Purple and swollen shut. Thankfully men usually love us anyways, sometimes they even think we look good in the mornings??? Don't ask me why.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How much longer in the season?