Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Most Things from the Garden are Zero Calories!


I love making salsa and even better with a friend. We spent the morning chopping and chatting. The great thing is you can pretty much eat as much as you want of this stuff! It's the carriers that are the problem (chips, nachos, pretzels not as bad).

These bad boys are keeping me bus making stuff, I just picked all the red ones yesterday and NOW look!

I'm trying to learn something about cameras so when KD talks about aperature and f-stops, I might have a clue. It would be nice if I knew how to use them too. not just what they are . Here I was messing with my "macro", but I still couldn't get that little bee in focus properly. I think the problem was my "shutter speed".

Here he was sitting a little more still, but still buzzing and I really can't tell which way up the photo was supposed to be, but I like it this way.

My burning bush will be 'burning' in a week or so, I love watching the leaves turn, but I'm loving these pretty wild roses this week. Like my "depth of field"?


I saw Kevin taking some shot of these Rose of Sharon with his new birthday lens this afternoon in PERFECT lighting, so these won't even compare. But aren't they amazing? I'll post his later if he lets me.


Last year's new tree has 4 apples on it, 1 of them got eaten by the black furry beast. These 2 are also within reach but he was told NO when I took the photos, we'll wait and see if they're still there by harvest time.



3 comments:

Sandra said...

*happy sigh* All lovely.

bigcanadiangirl said...

I'll be right over for some of that salsa.

bigcanadiangirl said...

Which ones are the Rose of Sharon? I have a rose bush but I don't know what kind it is.