Saturday, March 15, 2008

a Match Anyone?

So in my attempts to get into better shape and not continue on my downward physical condition, I have decided to take up tennis this spring. I thought maybe a new sport would bring me some new inspiration. One thing I love about my husband is he jumps right on board with stuff like this. I came home last week with Costco's latest deal of a tennis racket and today he said we're buying 2 more so the whole family can be involved. The old wooden one from who knows where just wouldn't do. So we all headed off to the nearby courts for a nice doubles match. I have NEVER really played this game at all. Squash, raquetball, badminton are all things I have tried, but I think tennis maybe I have tried twice EVER! I learned a few things.... first I suck at this, I don't like not being able to do something.... 2nd... you spend a lot of time chasing the ball and picking it up off the ground, and apologizing to the people beside you for interrupting their game. I wonder how the back of my legs and butt will feel tomorrow from all the bending over. I guess that's a good thing in my overall goal for this. 3rd... I like playing with Kevin but I hate when he whoops me at something. He gets this cute little smile that I want to smack off his face with my brand new tennis racket. We, OK maybe I, am a little competitive, and he likes to play off it. Sorry no photo of today's experience. Maybe if I don't wear jeans it'll help next time. I am busy recruiting friends who are going to want to play me. Any takers?

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wish I lived there ... I'd play.