Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Friday but Sunday's a Comin'- well it came already

I'm thankful this week. I know my husband doesn't have a job, but it makes you see what's really of value in life. Money does have value for living and stuff, you know like buying food and gas, but it doesn't define who you are. I'm so thankful for:

- my mechanic who fixed our highway break down from 2 weeks ago, after limping it home and driving it for another 2 weeks, he did a miracle for $200 instead of $2000 that the dealership was going to charge!!!... but what do you do when you're traveling? I told him he was a blessing, maybe he needs some cookies tomorrow. He loves Jesus too, so is glad to send the blessings our way this time.
- tulips that are half way up, crocuses and forsythia in bloom
- coffee with my girlfriends this morning just helps you deal with the week. We got to have Jan's sister from Calgary along today, she has 6 siblings in her family and my other girlfriend has 7. I just don't know what that would be like, so they have to share their sisters with me.
- my husband who worked til 11 pm cleaning the carpets so we could get the machine back in time! And it looks amazing, small miracles
.
- going to the walk-in clinic this morning and ending up with the Dad of a friend of mine from Bible school looking after me and specializing in my issue of late - I have plantar fasciitis, but that's not on my thankful list for today. I'll work on it, but I might have to quit my outdoor soccer team and we have the cutest socks! I will have to show you!!
- having to work some overtime on the weekend at double time and a half :)
- my dog that seems to be so much better behaved lately, if not I might have to strangle him- he's been confined by Kevin fixing the fence- see all the things that are getting done without him having a "job".
- the kids started soccer this week and both have great coaches this year (that isn't us by the way, we're taking a break) and great team members from last year, we love watching them play
- healthy, happy kids
- my neighbor and walking friend comes home from India in 3 weeks!
- girl friend weekend is just over a month away :)
- salsa, oh I love salsa, the pantry is getting low, but the tomato seedlings are starting!

7 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

It's great you have so much thankfulness despite the less-than-ideal circumstances.

Great story ... is that a HIPPA violation? :)

bigcanadiangirl said...

Oh Randi, we don't have HIPPA. We have FOIP. Oh, that's Alberta. What does BC have?

I love your attitude Lin.

bigcanadiangirl said...

Glad to see you blogging again.

Sandra said...

I'll pray and pray, Linda. For your family, too.

Erin said...

yay!! i especially like the one about ditto ;)

Linda said...

I don't think it would be since I'm not using any names or anything, but maybe I should take it off :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I really was just kidding about HIPPA.