Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I love paint chips!

I wish for once that I could pick a color of paint off the paint chip properly!! I think that I do have a good sense of color, like I can be trying to match a color to something at home and I bring home the exact right color or fabric swatch. But the paint chip thing just about kills me every time. The problem is that I love colors!! Confession-- I used to have a paint chip collection as a child, with a notebook where I would write my favorite combinations. Well I still have a paint chip collection, but only because when I'm painting something I bring home every possibility so I can look at it in the right light and decide which one is perfect, have all the samples and then go back and buy it. I'm probably to the point where I don't need to go and get the chips because I HAVE them all. Kevin says all I need if the display board. I always have the perfect idea in my head of what I want, but can't get it right when I choose the chip. When I did the family room, it was the 3rd shade of green that was finally right! They really love the "re-tinters" at the Home Depot.

So it's happened again. I want a nice grey- yes I know that sounds bad- but I have wanted the bedroom a toned down silver grey for quite some time and decided to go for it yesterday. Well it looks too baby bluish!! So back again this morning, and I think it's right! The funny thing is Kevin and I always have the same idea and we just know when it's right and we almost always agree! Now don't think I have all kinds of 1/2 cans of unused paint in the garage, because that would be so wasteful, but I have gotten quite good at self mixing too :) The downstairs bathroom was the wrong green for the family room, but looks great in there!

So I'm between coats.... I almost called Tara last night for her color advice. Maybe I'll take a photo when it's done :)

2 comments:

bigcanadiangirl said...

Oh, do take a photo. Grey can be so calm and serene. I'm soooo not good at the paint chips. I brought in my designer friend Tari when it came to picking my paint colors. She has an incredible sense of how the color will look in the space.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Yah, take a photo. I love grey. Martha did a home entirely in shades of grey.

I adore paint chips too - I love that you had a collection!