Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me

How fast can 14 years go? I thought we just started this thing!! What happened?

After a stressful day with a lot of things thrown into it, with the phone not stopping ringing, and the kids exhausted and whiny from the late night camping trip, a soccer practise that we can't miss since Kevin's the coach, and decisions to make that I didn't want to deal with, and my girlfriends 40th birthday that I'm planning getting into high gear (there are now 51 adults and 39 kids coming and 90% of them are immediate family!!), we hadn't really planned anything for US! This is NOT like me the PLANNER. I thought we would wait until the weekend when the soccer tournament/season is over and we can relax! I didn't even get my husband a card let alone a gift! How awful am I? Isn't it the truth that sometimes the people we love most get the leftovers of our energy and attention? So after having a wonderful husband for 14 years, he deserves something of my attention and time. He's going to have to wait a few days, but I'll make it worth the wait :) and plan something fun!

Of course at the end of yesterday, and my ranting, he handed me a nice drink and gave me a wonderful totally unexpected surprise which you will be getting to enjoy along with me!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a fun gift! Happy anniversary!

Erin said...

Hey! Just because your camera is the "newer model" doesn't mean that mine is just a little point ans shoot! It takes great skill!