Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Perfect Day



I have this friend named Janet. Everyone loves Janet, she is the sweetest thing you'll ever meet. I'm so blessed she's in my everyday life. She's this interesting combination of the most laid back person you'll ever meet (until you meet her sister-in law), calm and consistent, mixed with totally fun and spontaneous. Janet loves to ski, and good thing she has 4 boys and a husband who like to ski too. She drags me up to the ski hill at least once a year. OK, it's not really dragging... (I just have to say that so everyone else in this house isn't so jealous)... although today I just wasn't sure if I could do it (sore knees). I'm glad she proved me wrong!! It really was the perfect day! The trees really did look like this even though I didn't actually take this photo, I stole it right off the internet. When we arrived it was like the sun was just coming up over the eastern hill, making the sky various shades of pinks and golds, and clearing into the most brilliant shades of blues throughout the day. It's a day like today that makes you feel alive and happy... and really stiff! Oh, that quad burn is so good! Thanks God for painting the trees and sky just for us today!

6 comments:

Kevin said...

You went skiing today? You told me you were going to Costco!

bigcanadiangirl said...

Glad you had a fun day. Kevin's comment had me howling.

Sandra said...

Lol, Kevin. :)

Linda said...

I like going to Costco for 6 hours and coming home with nothing :) Impossible!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds amazing!

bigcanadiangirl said...

Helloooooo, Hellooooo! Is anyone out there?