Monday, January 10, 2011

Back at 'er and loving it

I am so excited to get back to my Esther study. I am so a person that needs schedule and routine to stay disciplined in my own devotions and study. Even though there is more "free" time over Christmas, the time slides so much faster, more family time and less alone time. So I'm so glad to be back, because I need the daily WORD. We girls reconvene tomorrow, and I imagine there will be a lot of Christmas catch-up news to share, and maybe not a lot of study going on, but the community is so good!

Some community just happens, but more and more it seems that I have to be intentional about creating it somewhere, or life just slides by without those deeper connections. I am praying for deeper friendships and greater community for my family for 2011. Extended family seems to create that for a lot of people instantly, but when you don't have a lot of that close by, there seems to be a hole. It takes being involved in something together that makes it happen easier, and things are spread out in a lot of different areas for us more than they used to be. 2 workplaces for me, 1 for Kevin, 2 schools, a big church, coaching responsibilities, a new committee I'm joining, 3 different sports teams/groups of people to deal with, and most of all friends and family. How to bring it all together? What are your thoughts on community? How have you found it in your life? What are the best times and places for it?

1 comment:

Melissa Fed said...

Its funny isn't it...creating real community takes exactly what none of us have TIME! I've noticed though...I feel like for me personally to have turned the corner of community in our bible study group! LOVE you girls!