Thursday, February 17, 2011

Courage

This parenting thing takes some courage especially these days.  Courage to remain the adult, courage to keep going when you feel like quitting, courage to make the right decisions and hope they are right when your kids question them.  I've had a few Moms say how hard they are finding it lately.  I think a big part of it is that it's February, we're all feeling a little cooped up, finding it a little more easy to fight with each other, and wanting to run out in the open air, but it's still brisk. 

I look at my boy yesterday and suddenly he feels taller, like I don't even have to bend down to look him in the eye.  KD had measured everyone 3 weeks ago on the back of the bathroom door.  So I take him over there, and yes in 3 weeks, he's grown almost an inch.  No wonder the amount of sleep he seems to be needing and the grumpy, moody mornings, and the grazing of the kitchen cupboards hourly.  So I shall be the adult and support him in it, not complain more as he complains more.  And...Oh... this weekend, we shall all need a little more courage... I shall have a growly bear on Sunday afternoon after a youth weekend without enough sleep, for one who needs it so badly.  But he tells me he wants to know more of God through it, how can I not let him go?

I'll be manning the First Aid station for a few hours, I'll need a lot of prayer for that too and ear plugs:)  Lend your prayers before the throne if you don't mind, for my boy and 1000 or so odd others.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I hope he has a great weekend and that it takes him one step further in his walk.

Yep, these days of tweens and teens are not easy. Makes you hit your knees a little more often, I think.