Saturday, May 3, 2008

Spring has finally Sprung

I know, it's just more pictures of my tree, but this brings me great joy! My heart feels alive, I feel like the world is fresh and new, the day is bright and cheerful, and I want to dance under it's branches, but I don't! Well actually I don't want to, I just like to imagine that I do. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. We've been told by many people that it is the biggest cherry tree they have ever seen, even by landscapers and horticultural types. Apparently this whole neighborhood was once an orchard and they started building it in off in sections. Most often they'd clear the whole area, but when they did our house, the location of the tree was such that it could stay where it was. Some old neighbors think it is at least 60 years old, but we'll never know for sure unless we count its rings. Not going to happen while I live here. It's buzzing! When you stand underneath you can hear the bees at work. We're so glad they came back this year with all the shortages of bees there have been down south.