Monday, September 8, 2008

School Update Again!

My boy had a traumatic day as teacher B was assigned to teach only grade 6 --- because of all those bad parents who have recently moved into the neighborhood and didn't sign their children up for school til the 1st or 2nd day. Resulting in the school having to get another teacher and re-arranging the classes TWICE!! This morning they were supposed to re-post the changes, and we were all good, he was staying right where he was. I was relieved and sighed a huge sigh. Then my little man came off the bus at the end of the day took one look at me and burst into tears. At the end of the day, they made a few more changes! Why can they not get this right the first time? Do they not know how reluctant this child is to change? We were on the upswing of him getting up each morning excited!

Don't get me wrong, I also love the teacher he has as of today, he had him last year, but we were trying to look forward with great optimism. So my boy thinks it's going to be the same and get boring very fast! There are 18 boys in the class and like 6 girls or something- how could they not have a blast with this man? They'll be like a bunch of orangutans in a zoo! And the teacher will be leading them on with laughter! He has 6 kids of his own, he's like the Pied Piper!

So we are learning how to deal with disappointment without a big lecture from Mom about how things don't always turn out the way we think they should. I hope sleep makes it all go away and feel better in the morning.

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so hard ... change is tough. I hope it ends up being a really great year for him.

bigcanadiangirl said...

How are things today?