Friday, October 3, 2008

This Week in the Garden

The grapes have been harvested (one bowlful), the tomatoes have been plucked from the vines, the beds are slowing getting swept up into fall piles. Not must is looking amazing, but there are a few things with those rich autumn colors hanging around.

the last few blooms of my Rose of Sharon

a few happy marigolds

my burning bush

Posted by Picasa

zinnias

My mother-in-law told me today that getting flowers when you're not feeling well is proven to make you breathe differently. Turns shallow breaths into something deeper. Good for healing. I can think of a few people that might need some flowers today :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Finally! A new post (even though its about flowers)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Beautiful.

Kevin said...

It's true, it's very difficult to photograph red with a digital camera. I actually can't believe how many flowers are still blooming.

bigcanadiangirl said...

Loverly!

Sandra said...

*sigh*
Thx. for the springtime in October. :)